Our clinical stage Vaccine client is growing and looking to add a Medical Director – Translational Medicine to their team! Role will function as the central bridge between the company’s strategy and the latest trends in science and development. Will be responsible for the identification and leadership of cross-functional projects to accelerate the development, licensure, and uptake of our candidate vaccine(s). This will require an individual who can work cross-functionally and with external stakeholders to translate scientific insights into business outcomes.
The Translational Medicine Medical Director is responsible for the identification and leadership of internal and external cross functional projects; this individual will ensure that the latest trends in scientific research and development strategy are incorporated into the company’s overall strategy. Specifically:
- Drive internal discussions to identify translational medicine projects of strategic importance for the development, licensure, and uptake of our candidate vaccine(s).
- Champion cross-functional projects.
- Identify key scientific opinion leaders and manage strategic collaborative relationships in the basic science/translational field.
- Identify and champion projects in life cycle management, line extension and business development, based on the overall strategy.
- Contributes to scientific thinking, including basic immunological and scientific aspects into the development and licensing strategy, translating the scientific landscape into commercial success.
- As part of scientific collaboration and cross-functional project contributes to development strategy, supports projects of all stages including pre-clinical.
- Proactively identifies scientific and development challenges.
- Contributes to overall pre-clinical and clinical development plan.
- Drive/develop biomarker strategy, identify meaningful end points, translate nonclinical predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to clinically relevant biomarkers.
- Identifies and fosters relationship with external collaborators and creates platform to ensure company’s success.
- Supports responses to investors, board, scientific and other external collaborators.
- Reviews literature and keeps abreast with new developments (basic science, immunology, vaccine development, epi, etc.).
- Liaises with KOLs as needed to respond to clinical, scientific and programmatic questions.
- May support regulatory authority interactions.
- Contributes to presentations of (development) plans.
- Supports business development strategy and due diligence.
- Co-authors abstracts, posters, presentations and publications.
- MD or PhD degree or internationally recognized equivalent plus 3-5 years of relevant experience in vaccine development desired, degree in immunology preferred.
- NDA/MAA/regulatory submission experience preferred.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to lead highly trained medical, scientific and technical professionals preferred.
- Ability to drive decision-making within multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams.
- Therapeutic area knowledge relevant to mechanisms of action of vaccines in remit.
- Knowledge of regional/global regulatory requirements.
- Must maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline.
- National / international travel based on business needs.