Our clinical-stage vaccine client based in Boston, MA is growing and looking to add a Manager / Sr. Manager, Clinical Supply Chain to their team! Candidate will play a key leadership role driving the planning, coordination, and execution of activities related to Supply chain, Procurement, distribution, shipping logistics for clinical supplies to clinical sites globally in support of the Clinical trials.
- Support Supply Chain Head in setting up network of Suppliers and vendors and establish an effective Supply Chain.
- Drives Drug Substance/Drug Product (DS/DP) supply process and ensures key project milestones are met.
- Creates and updates DS/DP supply plan on global project level, reviews supply plan and ensures delivery quantity/timeline.
- Maintains overall supply plans, optimizing overage/drug usage, minimizing waste, allowing the flexibility to accommodate changing demand.
- Leads clinical trial supplies demand planning and clinical supplies delivery to site meetings, responsible for coordination of delivery of drug sub-stance, drug product and packaged goods according to plan.
- Participates and supports in internal/external inspections and audits.
- Manage relationships with CMOs, CROs and key suppliers including coordination, communication, and technical oversight, to ensure timely delivery, shipment and distribution of cGMP products, Standard of Care and other ancillary supplies to support clinical trials.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located at the CMOs, at sites, and in the warehouse.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production. Actively monitors inventory of supplies and ensures a robust supply by proactively engaging with third-party suppliers and vendors.
- Oversight of current inventories at vendors and reporting monthly inventory status to management.
- Actively manage procurement of materials requested by MS&T and Analytical teams.
- Actively support in creation and review of SOP’s and working instructions for SCM.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Lead shipments to and from vendors for all the materials required for production and clinical trial supplies.
- Provide weekly and monthly updates to management on inventories and shipments.
- Master’s degree in Business or a scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ direct experience in a development environment or bachelor’s with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a relevant.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors globally.
- Good knowledge about the Drug Development process preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal).
- Must be well organized, proactive, detail-oriented, and professional.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
***Must be local to MA and able to commute to the Boston office from time to time. Flexibility to WFH but must live local to MA.