Our Boston client is a clinical-stage biotherapeutics company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing highly differentiated medicines for devastating diseases. Their pipeline is comprised of 26 therapeutics and therapeutic candidates, including two that have received FDA clearance and European marketing authorization. They are hiring a Manager of Pharma/Biotech Communications to join their growing team!
Scope of the role
- Develop a strong understanding of the programs in each therapeutic/scientific area of focus, including past and upcoming milestones and strategic business development goals.
- Support milestone-specific communications activities, including working cross-function to track key milestones drafting/updating of press releases, Q&As, fact sheets and collaborating with the team to secure key internal and external sign off.
- Managing proactive outreach and reactive responses.
- Support the Communications/Investor Relations cross-function work streams by developing a general familiarity with key UK and US governance and disclosure-related requirements and supporting joint projects including development of the Annual Report and Half Yearly Report.
- Provide collaboration on updates to the corporate presentation.
- Help to build and maintain the Company’s Intranet.
- Develop content calendar and drive new content creation.
- Manage the posting and updating company updates including press releases, new hires, and upcoming events.
- Liaise with function leads across the organization to ensure key documents/updates are current.
- Support company management on speaking opportunities, including talking points and presentation development.
- Identify, draft, and submit awards opportunities.
- Manage the company’s social media activity, including development of editorial calendar, content development, and execution.
- Manage content development for and updates to the corporate website.
- Build and manage digital assets, including photos, video, infographics, etc.
- Manage and maintain an annual schedule of industry and investor relations events including speaking opportunities and awards.
- Support the planning and execution of company events, including logistics and coordination with vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of experience in an agency or in-house setting with expertise in biotech/pharmaceutical sectors.
- Experience with data communications including clinical trial readouts, medical meeting presentations and scientific journal publications.
- Familiarity with local, national, and trade reporters and a willingness to build/foster these relationships.
- Basic understanding of US FDA regulatory pathways and restrictions, including promotional guardrails and best practices.
- Experience developing and managing corporate social media channels.
- Demonstrated drive, strong business acumen, comfort with scientific concepts and language, focus on rapid and flawless execution.
- Comfortable working directly with C-Suite members with minimal oversight.
- Track record of identifying communication opportunities and developing and leading external and internal communications with best-in-class communication practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a multi-faceted, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment within a heavily regulated industry.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and good problem-solving ability.