Leader Discovery (Epigenetics HTS)
Location: South San Francisco
Contact: Chris Clancy – Chris@Hireminds.com
HireMinds is currently working with a stealth-mode biotechnology company that is aiming to revolutionize regenerative therapies. Our client is seeking your talents to help organize and manage their scientific team and projects in this role and work with the founding lab in bringing their technology to life. In this role you will be an influential member of the team and guide the small but growing team scientifically as programs progress. This is a stellar opportunity for you to take on leadership and work on cutting-edge science in the epigenetics and gene regulation space. You also will have ease of access to their site from either San Francisco, Peninsula, or East Bay with their location as well. If you are ready to join a company with amazing scientific founders and help guide their screening efforts and scientific programs then reach out to Chris Clancy at HireMinds today.
• You will motivate and lead a discovery team in High-throughput screening of novel compounds against gene targets of interest
• You will need to be very organized and able to design and develop disease modeling assays
• You will be the point guard for all comprehensive knowledge of the program scope, deliverables, timelines, status and key risks and be relied upon to present when needed to key stake holders
• You also will be responsible for budgeting and management of the company's laboratory operations
• As a key mentor you will cultivate and manage a team of Scientist and Associates in day-to-day lab and long-term deliverables
• PhD with 4+ years of Postdoctoral and/or Biotech work focused in molecular biology, cell engineering, genetic engineering, epigenetics, or regenerative medicine
• Scientific expertise in various areas of drug discovery: molecular cloning techniques, stable cell line generation, viral vector manipulation, latest high-throughput screening techniques, bioinformatics data capture/analysis, and epigenetics
• Past experience in filing of patents or IP is needed and familiarity with program management software
• You will have excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results under established organizational timelines
• Ability to follow the latest literature in epigenetics, gene regulation, gene circuitry, gene editing, and regenerative medicine and bring findings to life in the lab.
• You will have a pioneering spirit and be able to help an evolving team establish a top-notch laboratory operation and deliver clinically relevant programs for this biotech