Laboratory Operations Specialist
South San Francisco, CA
Who Are We?
Our client’s company is based on the science of one of the original CRISPR co-inventors who then furthered the technology so that DNA does not need to be cut to accomplish gene regulation.
They are looking for exceptional team members who want an active role in building a rapidly growing biotech.
Our Operations team is looking to bring on board a Lab Operations Specialist. This individual will be a key member of the Operations team and will highly interface with the Quality team to ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
What you will accomplish here:
- Support in BSL1, BSL2, cell biology, virus and other laboratories management
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining up to date training binders for all new and current employees
- Review, approve and maintain essential laboratory based and general safety standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure compliance of all laboratory personnel in the application of aseptic techniques
- Ordering and submitting purchase orders on behalf of the R&D team
- Maintain compliant lab practices within research laboratory and adjacent office space
- Maintain electronic lab notebook as administrator
- Facilitate and establish standard operating procedures in laboratory
- Maintain and update SDS / MSDS documentation
- Oversee day-to-day laboratory and office operations, including but not limited to cleanup maintenance, lab coat cleaning, biosafety waste removal coordination with licensed partners, purchasing lab and office supplies, managing inventory, and maintaining & organizing general laboratory and office spaces etc
- Maintain general office supplies
- Assist others and training in new lab techniques and equipment
- Serve as lead technician to one or more lab equipment (i.e. sequencer, cell sorter)
- Excited to find new and low-costs ways to source and negotiate equipment and lab supplies
- Other ad-hoc duties when needed
- BS in related scientific field and 1-3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in industry settings
- Excellent organizational skills, inventory tracking skills, and data tracking, and has a deep commitment to enforcing structure and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Proficient in sourcing, procurement, negotiating, and ordering lab reagents and/or equipment, and building strong relationships with vendors
- Familiarity with installing, fixing/maintaining lab equipment and/or dealing with technical vendors
- Experience or familiarity in managing environmental health and safety (EH&S) and risk assessments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to lead and direct others
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology, cell culture or other biological discipline
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 25 pounds, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling
The salary range for this position is $70,725 USD to $85,070 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including, without limitation, individual education, experience, tenure, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data, including potential adjustments for geographic location.