Location: Boston, MA
HireMinds is assisting an amazing client that houses biotech venture clients and that is seeking your expertise in Lab Operations to add to their team. In this role you will work alongside the Executive Director of Lab Operations and the site team in serving lab clients’ needs. In this position you’ll contribute to daily tasks that range from keeping the coffee on tap to scheduling vendor maintenance and everything in between. You will play a key role in a vibrant organization and serve a variety of growing Biotech clients on this team. If this sounds like the ultimate next step for your career and you are passionate about Lab Operations contact Kristen Kerouac and the HireMinds team today and apply to learn more.
• Contributing to the day-to-day maintenance of shared lab equipment: freezers, incubators, centrifuges, and biosafety cabinets to ensure efficient operations and cleanliness.
• Keep stock and track of ordering, maintaining, organizing, and stocking lab supplies and lab gasses.
• Management of the chemical and biohazard waste in laboratories while adhering to regulatory guidance.
• Contribute to lab sustainability initiatives pertaining to plastics and lab gloves.
• Operations of autoclave and lab dishwashers as tenant demands require.
• Help Lab Supervisors in establishing best lab practices and oversee safety protocols and procedures.
• Duties may include the proper handling of hazardous materials in responsibilities defined above.
• Maintain positive relationships and guide vendors responsible for operational functions including: janitorial, pest control, lab equipment vendors, and facilities maintenance.
• Efficiently contribute to general site operations, including package management, IT/AV troubleshooting, facilities request triaging, organizing, stocking, and maintaining office and kitchen supplies.
• Support internal efforts by coordinating, marketing, and hosting local ecosystem and strategic programming events as needed to sustain the collaborative atmosphere. Examples include hosting events such as business and professional development sessions, social gatherings, and complementary Tenant Appreciation programs.
You’ll Bring With You:
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in operational support of laboratory space, preferably in a collaborative or shared working environment under GLP and/or standard lab safety protocols. BS Degree preferred, but open to any candidates with sufficient experience in Lab Operations in industry.
• A hospitality mindset to serving customers and effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with individuals across a variety of functions within the organization and supporting teams.
• A passion for running operations with detail-oriented and highly organized professional manner and ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and prioritize tasks effectively given competing demands of clients/tenants.
• A general passion and interest in life science and/or laboratory operations management and pride in your service of Scientist.
• Ability to physically lift 25 lbs.
Please note: this role is available to candidates who are legally authorized to work for any US-based employer on an indefinite basis. All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.