Our clinical-stage vaccine client in Boston, MA is growing and looking to add a Lab Operations Manager to their Tech Ops team! This role will act as the single point of contact for laboratory operations for Analytical Development (AD) and Manufacturing Sciences and Technologies (MS&T), coordinating with various internal and external groups to enable smooth day-to-day research and troubleshooting activities. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lab equipment procurement, training, and maintenance
- Oversight of the chemical reagent warehouse (reagent ordering and inventory management; bottled solvents; bulk solvents)
- Oversight of lab supplies
- Coordination of facilities maintenance and calibration
- EH&S compliance and new initiative roll-outs
- New employee training/integration
- Information technology support
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other relevant field and at least 5 years of lab experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry. Academic lab management experience will be considered.
- The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, instrumentation skills, computer skills, communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in lab management, chemical reagent inventory and/or procurement.
- The candidate should be a self-starter and team player who can balance the needs of an entrepreneurial environment with the requirements of a structured GMP testing environment.
- Well-developed knowledge of cGMP practices as applicable to formulation, analytical development, technology transfer, and manufacturing.
- Established external network of service providers, technical experts, suppliers, and technology providers.