A synthetic biology company in Cambridge is seeking a entry-level Scientist to join their Immuno-oncology group. As a highly contributing member of a small team, you will work closely with the founding team and other team members to support Immuno-oncology drug discovery.
The main function of this role is to support Drug Discovery efforts via Immuno-oncology programs using in vitro & in vivo models.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Design and develop novel in vitro assays for characterizing target expression in normal and tumor tissues
• Mammalian cell culture, specifically isolating and propagating in vitro culture of human/mouse tumor tissue
• Use of animal models of oncology, immunology, and/or immuno-oncology
• Effectively interface with other scientific groups to facilitate the success of projects
• Coordinate research projects evaluating strategies to improve efficacy of therapeutic candidates
• Prepare all technical reports needed in support of an exploratory project moving to process development
• Exercise independent judgment in development of new methods, techniques and evaluation criteria
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a BS/MS degree in a Life Sciences discipline and several years of industry experience or a PhD with post-doctoral and/or 0 – 3 years of industry experience.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Cambridge area or able to relocate with very limited assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.