Come join a <100 person start-up, based just outside of Boston, that closed a Series B funding round last year in excess of $60 million! They have a unique therapeutic modality and are focused on oncology targets.
Reporting into their VP of Discovery, this person will lead an internal team to support structure-based efforts, biophysical experiments, and protein production for the diverse targets within the company pipeline, from target validation through development candidate selection.
The main function of this role is to leverage internal resources and CRO capabilities as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams to progress therapeutics programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Leverage internal resources and CRO capabilities as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams to progress therapeutics programs.
• Lead structure-based drug design efforts including construct design, protein production, crystallization, and structure determination
• Analysis of structural information in coordination with computational and medicinal chemistry efforts
• Manage protein production efforts for biochemical assays, biophysical methods, high throughput screening, and structural biology activities through collaboration with internal and external scientists
• CRO selection, contract management, and oversight of activities
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a PhD in Structural Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related field and 10-15+ years of experience in both industry and academic settings. Must have demonstrated expertise in protein crystallization and X-ray structure determination of protein-ligand complexes and a track record of utilizing structure-based methods to in support of drug discovery projects. Also seeking experience in protein construct design, expression, and purification strategies.
Those with success in fragment-based drug discovery and/other structural and biophysical techniques (e.g. computational modeling, EM, SAXS, NMR, SPR, ITC) is preferred. This is a leadership role and they are seeking those with experience managing and mentoring a small and growing team.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.