Our client is a growing online learning platform disrupting the $46B parenting market. They are looking for a Head of Product Design to own their mobile and online presence. The company is well-funded and has an impressive leadership team. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role where you will influence product strategy, user experience and build and scale the Product Design and UX team.
They strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of their customers and the communities they serve. When you join their team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why work for us?
As the Head of Product Design, you will play a critical role in our success by owning our brand’s mobile and online presence (our technology platform and online education resources). This is a high-impact, high-visibility role where you will influence product strategy, user experience and build and scale the Product Design and UX team.
With an impeccable eye for design and a consumer-centric, research-oriented approach, you will be responsible for our UX design and testing processes. Our team is highly collaborative and we are looking for a leader who is focused on results and customer satisfaction.
We're looking for a strategic and creative lead who can manage both hitting short-term needs and long-term strategic goals, and is personally invested in building the next big online learning brand for the parenting community.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can be trusted to meet the needs of our organization at every stage of the business journey. Our organization rewards team members who are self-starters, act like an owner, and solve problems in a rapidly evolving, high growth, startup atmosphere.
About the role:
- Support overall UX and product strategy for a world-class web and app offering
- Be an advocate for and steward of our evolving product offering
- Work cooperatively with cross-functional teams to define experience roadmap and key feature needs
- Lead design reviews and ideation sessions for concepts that test hypotheses with user feedback
- Developing and documenting processes and best practices as we scale and grow the team
- Define UX and UI processes with measurable metrics that meet both quality standards and rapid time to market
- Partner with other departments to optimize and improve efficiencies across teams
- Ability to craft and articulate your vision and translate that into an actionable roadmap
- Passion for diving into the user profile and really get to know our customer and represent their needs and voice in the product and user experience design process
- Drive user experience development projects, concepting and providing critical evaluation of projects
- Demonstrated experience designing wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes as needed to help illustrate solutions to complex problems
- 7+ years experience in a UX/product design role for a consumer company
- Knowledge of the eComm space a plus
- Passionate about our brand and mission
- Bachelor’s Degree