Our client is start-up in the Boston/Cambridge area with over 100+ million in venture capital funding and innovative technologies. They are leveraging the expertise of an industry-experienced leadership team and collaborations with large pharma to develop therapeutics for various indications in immunology and oncology.
The ideal candidate will lead a multi-functional group to support early stage discovery programs, including producing high-quality protein reagents, performing biochemical characterization of target proteins and protein complexes, delivering robust biochemical/biophysical assays, conducting various screenings and subsequent validation to enable hit finding and lead optimization.
- Provide strategic input into target biology and novel approaches to hit finding and validation.
- Drive both hit-finding and lead optimization strategy for discovery programs to deliver development candidates for internal pipeline targets as well as external partnership programs.
- Advance drug discovery campaigns, manage external vendors (CRO), and integrate cycles of drug development using external and internal resources with a sense of urgency.
- Hires, manages, trains and mentors technical team consisting of junior and senior scientists. Establishes expectations, defines roles, supports career development and manages performance
- PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Structural Biology or Bioengineering or related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in small molecule drug discovery. Background in oncology and disease biology is highly desired.
- Evidence of leading/mentoring a cross-functional team of talented scientists.
- Demonstrated track record of advancing programs from target validation to screening/hit finding to lead optimization and DC.
- Experience working with and characterizing challenging proteins. Protein degradation and or UPS biology is a plus.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with internal and external collaborators.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Boston/Cambridge area or able to relocate with very limited assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.