Our Boston client is a clinical-stage biotherapeutics company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing highly differentiated medicines for devastating diseases. Their pipeline is comprised of 27 therapeutics and therapeutic candidates, including two that have received FDA clearance and European marketing authorization. They are hiring a Head of Investor Relations to build the function and join their growing team!
The Head of Investor Relations will be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and management of a strategic plan for investor relations and will interact on a regular basis with the executive team. Through frequent interactions with institutional investors, investment bankers and sell-side analysts, this person will play a key role in expanding the Company’s strategic objectives and visibility within the investment community.
We are looking for a seasoned professional who has experience in generating business results and leading a team. The position requires a corporate professional who also has entrepreneurial skills and looks to the future to envision what could be possible. Success in this role requires collaboration, communication, leadership, and vision.
This role will report directly to the President and work cross-functionally with the C-suite, Legal, Communications, Finance, Program Leads, etc. to ensure the Company’s story is communicated transparently and consistently and in compliance with corporate policies and securities regulations.
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the Company’s vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework
- Create and manage a strong reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties
- Manage equity research and investor relationships
- Provide insights on market activity and present them to the leadership team
- Analyze and present financial trends, competitor behavior, shareholder issues, and anything else that could impact the business
- Collaborate with Communications to manage semi-annual earnings and conference calls as well as required regulatory filings
- Work with legal to ensure compliance on regulatory matters
- 10-15 years IR experience in a public biotech company
- Experience with investors and a strong track record of creating positive relations with the investor community and Equity Research Analysts
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements. Understanding of LSE laws and securities disclosure a plus
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry
- Intimately familiar with financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring investors
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting or related area; an MBA or FMVA certification is an asset