Our client is developing a novel therapeutic modality with the ability to impact a high number of cancers. They are less than 100 people with room and resources to grow here in Cambridge. If the idea of working directly for one of the scientific co-founders and alongside the brightest minds in drug discovery is appealing to you, this is your time!
The main function of this role is to oversee and further build out a cutting-edge Biochemistry and Biophysics group for target inhibition including disruption of protein-protein interactions and targeted protein degradation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Drive extensive pipeline from hit to lead.
• Evolve biochemistry and biophysics platforms to enable timely investigation of increasing numbers of targets in a unique pipeline
• Mentor, develop and maintain a top-notch team of talented scientists and research associates to develop, validate, and automate high-throughput assays that help advance programs
• Build out a protein production core group with capability for both in house protein production and management of work at CROs.
• Increase efforts to leverage high hit rates to drive forward targeted protein degradation
• Evaluate and bring in house new biochemical and automation technologies
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field with 12+ years post-degree experience with demonstrated success in building and leading a highly productive and scientifically rigorous team. Must have broad expertise in biochemistry, biophysics, and enzymology including fluorescence polarization, SPR, CD, protein binding assays, enzyme kinetics, AlphaScreen, AlphaLISA, and any other relevant technologies in support of ligase drug discovery research.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Cambridge area or able to relocate with limited assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.