Director, RNA Biology
Location: Cambridge, MA
In This Role You’ll Be Responsible For:
• You will be tasked with working both independently and in leading a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support platform and therapeutic development.
• Design, establish and execute robust, high-quality biochemical and cell-based assays to support lead selection and optimization as candidates approach IND-enabling studies.
• Establish and perform primary and develop functional assays to support hit-to-lead and lead optimization.
• Lead development and execution of cell-based assays to assess biological activity of oligonucleotide-based compounds.
• Guide subject matter expertise of tRNA, RNA biology, and oligonucleotide publications and latest technological advancements in the space by keeping abreast of advancements in the field.
• Manage relationships with external research partners and CROs.
• Ability to effectively gather data to support decision making and present with effective communication findings to scientific team and management in written and oral presentations.
You’ll Bring With You:
• PhD in cell biology or molecular biology, immunology or a related discipline with 5+ years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical company.
• Experience leading teams in the lab with hands-on contributions in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells, flow cytometry, and cell-base or functional assays.
• Expertise in DNA/RNA/siRNA transfection with in vitro and in vivo studies.
• Experience with delivery methods in CRISPR and viral vector delivery is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge in functional and cell-base assay design, optimization, validation, data analysis and interpretation.
• Knowledge in data spreadsheets (Excel, GraphPad Prism, Photoshop, Illustrator) to generate graphic illustrations of data to support internal reports and IND fillings or regulatory submissions.
• Critical data analysis, attention to detail, and troubleshooting abilities.
• Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to evolving biotech demands.