Associate Director/Director, Program and Alliance Management
We are a well-funded stealth mode startup working in the RNA therapeutics space. Our team is seeking a motivated and energetic program and alliance manager to oversee logistics and operations of internal and partnered programs. Applicants should have experience in program management for research and development within the biotech/pharma environment. The ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and organize, combined with a passion for our mission to deliver novel genetic medicines for diseases with unmet medical need. This is an exciting opportunity to help build the program and alliance function in an exciting stealth biotech!
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge – we want, you to apply! The level for this position will be dependent upon experience.
How you’ll contribute
- Oversee multiple complex scientific programs, and collaboratively drive the execution of the program strategies to achieve both program and corporate milestones.
- Develop and guide program strategy and facilitate team decision making for the program, working in partnership with the Research Team Lead.
- Work with the Program/Team Lead, to develop and maintain detailed program milestones and timelines.
- Be familiar and close enough to details of the science, programs, and day-to-day activities to be able to anticipate any potential program issues.
- Apply project management best practices including timelines, development of meeting agendas, streamlined and efficient meeting management, and distribution of meeting minutes and efficient follow up of action items.
- Generate presentations and project summaries as needed.
- To provide other organizational and business support where necessary including interactions with key partners, academic collaborators and CROs.
Our ideal candidate will have
- MS or PhD in a relevant discipline and 5+ years of experience in a research or biotech/pharma setting.
- Experience working with RNA-based therapeutic and/or gene editing experience.
- Proven track record of successful project management experience in a biotech/pharma setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in program management tools and methodology. Willingness to constantly improve PM tools and implement change management.
- Experience in early drug development including the transition of novel candidates from discovery through IND-enabling preclinical studies.
- Prior experience managing or working within cross-functional teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes fluid environment and able to foster a strong collaborative spirit.
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
Bonus points for
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment.
- PMP certification or other program management training.