We are the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. Millions of consumers use our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers and thought leaders. We have enjoyed coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA, we are currently 120+ employees and growing rapidly. Our team operates on a hybrid work schedule with 3 days of onsite collaboration.
Our partnerships team originates and implements award-winning partnerships programming designed to educate consumers across the country through collaborations across a range of verticals (consumer web, consumer brands, corporate, nonprofit, government, utility). Our channel partnerships contribute significantly to our revenue and will play an important role as we continue to scale. These partnerships reach a broad consumer audience with information about clean energy options, and provide an actionable path via our tools to take action, referring consumers to our Marketplace.
Reporting to the VP Partnerships, as the Director, Partnerships Growth you will set the sales strategy and drive revenue growth by establishing new partnerships – originating and closing opportunities to develop and win new, longterm partners who will refer their consumer audience to us. You will play a leadership role on the Partnerships team, guiding best practices and frameworks for sales efforts, and collaborate closely with account managers to ensure program success.
What You’ll Do:
Drive Business Development Strategy
- Define and document sales strategy to drive significant revenue through partnerships
- Analyze industries, market trends, and partnerships models to identify new business opportunities
- Develop standard processes, frameworks, and templates to optimize the sales process
- Direct BD strategies and best practices for the Partnerships team
Source and Secure New Channel Partners
- Generate pipeline of potential partnership opportunities through prospecting and direct outreach
- Sign new partners by advancing deals from discovery through proposal and contracting, managing the entire sales cycle
- Prepare creative collaboration pitches to drive partner audience (i.e. shoppers), including a vision for educational consumer marketing campaigns and digital experience integrations
- Build relationships with multiple contacts across prospective partner organizations, including at the executive level
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets for number of new partners closed, shoppers referred, and revenue generated; Own forecasts and proactively plan for hitting future period’s targets
- Actively track in CRM and report on key performance metrics related to sales activities and funnel, providing regular updates to senior management with plans for optimization
- Represent our brand as a thought leader by engaging in relevant networks and social channels, and at industry events/conferences
- Work closely with Partnerships account managers for successful program implementation
- Partner cross-functionally with marketing, product and marketplace teams to support sales efforts and ensure alignment with the rest of the organization
What We Look For:
- Proven ability to originate partnerships that drive meaningful outcomes with consumer audiences
- 10+ years experience selling channel partnerships or enterprise deals
- Ability to source and close opportunities; Independently driving all stages of sales cycle
- Track record of achieving sales goals with a typical sales cycle ranging from 3-9 months
- Creative thinking on how to structure mutually beneficial consumer engagement programs
- Proficiency with CRM software; Invested in tracking KPIs and forecasting to effectively manage sales pipeline and deal flow
- Familiarity with B2B marketing strategies, channels, and best practices
- Deep understanding of B2B account management
- Knowledge of B2C and B2B2C digital marketing and software experiences
- Ability to define and implement processes, procedures, reporting, and tools across the team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Willingness to travel several times per year for conferences and meetings
Other important characteristics:
- Self-starter with a proactive sense of urgency who can hit the ground running
- Exceptional people skills: written and verbal communication and relationship building, including at the executive level
- Solid business acumen and sound judgment
- Collaborative approach and influence with a range of individuals and teams, internally and externally, to achieve business goals
- Authenticity, accountability and trustworthiness
- Affinity for sustainable solutions and/or protecting consumers
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, we are accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.