Our global pharmaceutical client is hiring a Director of Global Portfolio Communications for one of their key business units. This person will be based in the metro Boston area and liaise regularly with colleagues in Europe and other parts of the U.S.
Highlights of the role
- Oversee and manage strategic communications for the global portfolio and late-stage pipeline, with a focus on their four global brands and select launches and indication expansions in major markets.
- Ensure a consistent narrative across the portfolio and identify appropriate communications program synergies and pull throughs.
- Serve as a communications ambassador for high profile programs across the portfolio.
- Oversee the development and execution of brand and/or milestone-specific communication plans, including global material and message development, launch toolkits, select congress support, media relations strategy and digital/social tactics.
- Lead communications efforts for late-stage data and regulatory milestones, including scenario planning and strategy.
- Create disease awareness programming to support select pipeline assets and global brands.
- Develop internal communications strategies to support major brand and/or pipeline milestones.
- Manage public relations agency partner and oversee communications budget for product and late-stage pipeline assets.
- 10+ years of professional experience required at a corporation, agency or consultancy with expertise in corporate and brand communications. Pharma/biotech industry experience required.
- Well-versed in media relations at local/national levels.
- Results-oriented focus in proactive campaign execution and experience with issues management.
- Creative thinker who can problem solve and deliver solutions using strong judgment; able to make decisions in a timely fashion and escalate when required.
- Dynamic, team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills who reflects the company and its values.
- Ability to convene and manage teams, align voices and influence without authority to achieve priority team objectives.
- Confident counsellor for cross-functional colleagues, comfortable in providing guidance on external engagement strategies.
- Self-starter who can work under pressure with conflicting priorities and work to tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree.