Our client is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. They have four products on the market, one of which is a blockbuster! They have 18 clinical programs in process and have a presence in over 15 countries.
They have engaged us to find a Director of Digital Communications to be based in one of their west coast hubs: San Francisco or the Seattle area. This person will report to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications.
The Director will act as the strategic lead of the company’s global digital ecosystem and omni-channel experience. This experienced professional will play a key role in building digital strategies and campaigns across all owned global corporate channels, including web properties and social media. Candidates should have demonstrable industry experience leading corporate digital portfolios, with a proven ability to create and implement holistic multi-channel experiences for a broad range of target audiences. Candidates should be able to effectively interface with a variety of disciplines across business units, with the ability to communicate their work to respective teams.
- Identify and assess digital optimizations and opportunities, championing innovative solutions that create meaningful and measurable business impact
- Drive collaboration across company functions in order to develop and deploy digital strategies and tactics
- Lead the design, development, delivery and management of strategic, targeted communications for all owned global corporate social channels
- Work in partnership with country colleagues to support individual country websites
- Develop an executive digital thought leadership plan
- Support the planning and development of forward-looking roadmaps to guide corporate digital growth
- Increase internal education and adoption around digital, socializing knowledge and best practices across functions, including awareness of compliant digital communications
- Liaise with agency partners and vendors to execute strategic vision and supporting tactics.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a digital function from a pharma, biotechnology or healthcare company
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures
- Proven ability to lead teams and influence cross-functionally in a matrix environment.
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to successfully leverage corporate social media channels to achieve business goals
- Experience working with web development (familiarity of general elements and processes)
- Experience with vendor and agency management
- Undergraduate degree
All newly-hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.