Director of Design – Consumer/Greentech
Our client is a leading source for information on green technologies. With a well respected brand trusted by consumers and the market, they’re looking for a Director of Design to bring their organization to the next level.
This is a highly strategic role leading a team of 5 UX/UI Designers. The right person will help install a design system, scale a team, and launch new products. Candidates are encouraged to bring their leadership chops and consumer design expertise. This is a hybrid position that will sit in Boston 3X a week. Apply today!
- Translate product and marketing strategy into creative strategy and execution
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of talented UX/UI Designers
- Apply design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Partner with marketing leadership to drive evolution of brand
- Maintains best practices for accessible design in our products
- Demonstrate strong management and communication skills.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice
- Establish brand/visual design standards, ensuring consistency of brand across external partners
- Partner with senior leadership team to drive awareness, growth and maturity of design team
- 8+ years of design experience with a focus on consumer design experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a team including hiring and performance management
- Experience with the capabilities and limitations of modern design tools
- History of championing design culture to departments outside of design