Our Boston area biotech client is seeking a Director of Corporate Communications who has successfully driven strategic corporate communication and branding initiatives. This role will support the VP of Investor Relations and Communications in developing the overall corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. You will play a critical role executing the company’s integrated communications program, building our brand, and enhancing our corporate visibility and reputation. The company is rapidly advancing three programs in clinical studies this year and are actively advancing a broad pipeline of preclinical programs across a wide variety of diseases, both internally and in collaboration with key partners.
In this role, you will
- Create and/or supervise the execution of public relations and reputation management campaigns to ensure that stakeholders understand the company’s corporate strategy, development pipeline and R&D strategy, and synergize communications across multiple channels to optimize audience reach.
- Serve as communications counselor to senior leadership team on specific external communications activities, including, media interviews, conference speaking and thought leadership opportunities, and communications materials development. This includes preparing corporate spokespeople for media interviews and external presentations.
- Strategically partner with senior leadership and functional heads, such as the Leadership Team, HR, Clinical Development, Research, Legal, Finance, Investor Relations, and others to assist with their external communications needs.
- Own and direct process for drafting and reviewing press releases, as well as internal communications, managing consistency of messages and disclosure.
- Manage and contribute to the development of a broad spectrum of corporate messaging and communications materials, including Q&A documents, presentations, fact sheets, video scripts, speeches and briefing documents.
- Serve as a company spokesperson to media and advocacy organizations.
- Ensure digital/social governance strategy, content ownership and management strategy align with business objectives.
- Oversee corporate website and other corporate properties/channels (Twitter/LinkedIn); update and maintain brand/style guide while ensuring continuity externally and internally of corporate identity (e.g., digital content guidelines).
- 5+ years of communications experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry or at a communications/PR agency whose clients are in the biotech industry.
- Ability to translate complex scientific messages into lay terms.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of and engagement with biotech, scientific and financial media, including relationships with relevant health and business reporters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations and demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action.
- Clear understanding of disclosure requirements; familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry.
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Excellent project management abilities, follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree.