The Director of Communications and Content will play a key role in the growth our cybersecurity client, an advisory and consulting firm. Reporting to the CMO, the role will lead a small team.
- Lead external communications strategies and manage and mentor a growing team
- Oversee all content development initiatives across multiple platforms and formats, including blogs, posts and high-quality content pieces.
- Generate a cadence of social media content, analyzing reach and engagement for continuous improvement in reaching target audiences.
- Lead, support, and implement public relations
- Knowledgebase of cybersecurity terminology
- Expert storyteller and excellent written communication skills
- Player/Coach – Effective writer and leader with the ability to manage and mentor staff
- Ability to collaborate across the organization as well as outside the organization
- Previous content development experience is required
- Experience creating and managing a content calendar
- Proven track record of message development and message distribution via multiple channels
- Experience with analyzing content engagement and optimizing content programs to maximize engagement
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field required.
- 10+ years of related discipline experience or demonstrated competency.
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams