Director of Brand Partnerships
In November 2015, we launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards. Our brand includes a website, mobile app, numerous newsletters, live events and virtual events, and other products.
We have grown significantly over the past years, from our readers to our journalists, and are looking to add to our business team with an advertising and events sales professional. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, growing media brand in an expanding industry that is changing the world. This role will drive revenue by selling events, branded/custom content programs, research, native advertising campaigns, and other impactful brand sponsorships.
What You’ll Do
- Hunt for new business opportunities, with a proven track record of identifying and securing opportunities by selling custom content and integrated marketing programs while growing an existing book of business
- Need to understand the breadth of the assigned territory and be able to identify growth accounts and prospects that align with our portfolio
- Develop and execute a strategy to generate triple-digit revenue growth in advertising/custom content revenue and event sponsorships
- Sell a portfolio of advertising digital solutions, events, custom content/research, lead generation, podcasts, and community programs
- Uncover custom content opportunities, understand the full breadth of custom content programs, and effectively conduct scope calls
- Lead the strategy with the Marketing Solutions team when responding to RFPs; develop, lead, and communicate complex programs and proposals to internal stakeholders and prospects
- Build and maintain relationships with key advertisers and agency contacts through a consultative sales process
- Detailed pipeline management, valuing transparency, and consistently delivering accurate forecasts of deal opportunities
Who You Are
The ideal individual is smart, collaborative, and a natural hunter. You are a collaborative, strategic thinker, and your clients will rely on you for your smart solutions, creative ideas, and relentless attention to their needs. You are a quick study on clients’ needs and can develop and sell integrated campaigns to accomplish goals ranging from brand awareness to thought leadership and lead generation. In addition to your knowledge of advertising solutions, you have experience working directly with clients and agencies representing clients in life sciences, health care, professional services, and health tech. We are open to candidates based in the Midwest or East Coast.
- 8+ years B2B event sponsorship and digital advertising sales experience and a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Knows how to hunt for new business. A self-motivator, with a proven record of exceeding revenue targets
- Have established relationships in the industry, including relevant advertising and communications agencies
- Excels in organizational skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment, capable of effectively managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- An understanding of the health/technology, medicine & life sciences industries, and able to adeptly communicate complex, integrated opportunities and possess excellent writing skills
- Committed to continuous learning, thrives on challenges, takes ownership of their mistakes, and uses them as valuable learning experiences
- A conscientious seller who thrives on collaboration with internal stakeholders, leveraging their skills to win business and problem-solve challenges effectively
- A quick learner and multi-tasker. You have a proven track record of selling a diversified portfolio of products
- Are willing to travel for conferences and client meetings
- Have a willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
- Know how to leverage marketing automation/CRM to build and engage a pipeline
- Have experience with Hubspot
The minimum salary for this position is $100,000 plus commission. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, parental leave, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to share work space for all full time employees.
This role is 100% remote. We will consider candidates who are based in the Midwest or East Coast.