Brand Manager, Global Licensing
We are seeking a Brand Manager, Global Licensing to join our Health and Home unit. We create world-class consumer brands in the healthcare, wellness, and home categories, and you likely have some of our products in your home right now! Join this exceptional team to bring people outstanding products that elevate lives everywhere, every day.
The Brand Manager, Global Licensing will be responsible for developing and managing long-term relationships with both current and new Licensors identified by the company. This person must quickly develop a solid understanding of sales and marketing growth strategies across its many businesses so he/she can maximize the value of the current licenses to help support these strategies. The ideal candidate will have experience in global licensing content, identifying new business opportunities, and developing brand strategies in a Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) environment. This individual will assist the Director, Global Licensing in planning and providing leadership cross-functionally to achieve long-range business development objectives with each licensing/strategic partner.
In addition, the Brand Manager, Global Licensing will play a reverse role as Licensor of one of our own brands. This person will assist the Director, Global Licensing in managing current and future licensees; identifying future opportunities in partnership with licensing agency-of-record; and, in building a best-in-class out-licensing program.
What you'll be doing?
- The Brand Manager, Global Licensing will be the primary point of contact for day-to-day interaction with our top licensees regarding partnership management.
- Manage on-going relationships with current licensors to ensure that we are fully leveraging the value of each license globally in its products, marketing initiatives, and channels of distribution, and achieving its long-term growth goals as they relate to the licensed brands.
- You will work closely with the Director, Global Licensing; Global Category Organization (GCO) Strategy Team and Regional Marketing Organization (RMO) Marketing teams to ensure that each licensed brand has a clear role within its respective category(s) and a plan for long-term development.
- Collaboration with Health & Home’s (H&H) Creative Services team and Associate Brand Manager, Licensing to translate licensor graphic guidelines, developing licensor-approved style guides and assets appropriate. The BM will support the Associate Brand Manager, as needed, in reviewing artwork submissions to licensors, with an eye to ensuring equity compliance and facilitating rapid approvals.
- Responsible for coordinating inputs from Finance, RMO Marketing, and the New Product Development (NPD) team in developing and presenting regular business reviews with key licensing partners; including sales analysis and interpretation, current and upcoming NPD and commercial initiatives, plans for long-term growth, and areas of potential cooperation between Helen of Troy and its licensor (cross-promotions, shared distribution channels, PR/social/digital marketing campaigns, etc.) – and for sharing the outcome of such meetings with the broader H&H organization, including details regarding licensor performance and key initiatives that may have an impact on H&H’s business plans.
- Manage and communicate contract licensing requirements throughout the organization and work with H&H teams across functions to ensure compliance and regular reporting as required: including, assistance in development of Annual Business Review presentations; oversee input to, and accuracy of, quarterly royalty reporting; leadership for quarterly and monthly meetings with Licensor Brand teams.
- You will be the primary point of contact for day-to-day interaction with our licensing agency-of-record regarding licensing partnership management.
- Manage internal coordination and communication with key stakeholders such as Marketing, Digital/Social, Creative Services and Finance to meet contractual Licensor obligations e.g. provide Licensee brand guidelines, as well as to support Licensee compliance and contractual reporting; including, Annual Business Review presentations; quarterly royalty reporting; etc.
- Partner with the cross-functional team dedicated to the Licensing stage-gate process to ensure adherence to the process across existing and new licensees.
- The BM will work alongside the Associate Brand Manager, Licensing to identify, sponsor and facilitate global sharing of best practices across the H&H Marketing RMO’s, as well as sharing of key Licensor/Licensee activity via a quarterly e-newsletter.
- Report to H&H Senior Management regarding the company’s performance against licensed brand health and development objectives.
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Global Licensing, marketing and/or brand management with a focus on new business growth achievement. Global experience is a plus.
- Experience in consumer products industry and full understanding of marketing principles preferred.
- Ability to think strategically at a global level.
- Self-driven: high level of initiative for business activities as well as personal development.
- Demonstrates accountability of assigned responsibility (ownership).
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and analytical skills. Experience and skill in “selling” ideas, strategy and plans to executive level teams (both internal and external).
- Ability to interact and report on business with cross functional teams and across all levels of management.
- Compelling leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in influencing business decision makers – to negotiate persuasively in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences, win concessions without damaging relationships, be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic, and gain trust quickly.
- Proven project and time management skills, able to manage and direct multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Travel: Domestic and International 10%-15%
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.