Our client, a pre-IPO technology company that focuses on building next-generation sequencing (NGS) diagnostic and software solutions, is expanding and seeking an experienced Bioinformatics Leader. They are a fast paced and patient-centric company on a mission to make precision medicine accessible.
The main function of this role is to manage the Bioinformatics team to improve assay performance and design of the PCR primer with their proprietary technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead a team of Bioinformatics scientists to perform cutting edge analysis of genomic and cellular cancer cell structures
• Analyze and interpret high-throughput internal DNA and RNA sequencing data
• Identify known and emerging nucleic acid biomarkers
• Improve assay performance
Qualified candidates will have:
• BS degree or higher in Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Biology or related discipline (PhD preferred) and 3+ years of experience managing a team of Scientists/Bioinformaticians/Data Scientists
• Proven ability to design program scripts for carrying out large scale data mining of genomic data
• Deep understanding of both human genetics and oncology and the genetic variation associated with different types of cancer
• Experience working with somatic or low input DNA assays
• Strong track record of publications
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered. All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.