Bioinformatics Engineer (NGS)
Location: South San Francisco
HireMinds is currently working with a new Bay Area Series-A stage biotechnology company that is aiming to revolutionize regenerative therapies. Our client is seeking your talents in bioinformatic engineering particularly with NGS data. They are developing research in the regenerative medicine space and using novel epigenetic approaches and need your software or data engineering expertise on their team. If you are interested reach out to our Biotech team today.
You will be Responsible for:
- Developing algorithms and pipelines for processing next generation sequencing (NGS) data.
- Maintenance of cloud infrastructure for storing raw and processed data
- Communication and collaboration with biologists and bioengineers to understand how to support their needs and experiments and bring their ideas to life through data visualization
- Work with analysts to provide useable data pipelines and communicate between functions
- Expertise with Python is required and familiarity with R is a desired as you will work exclusively in these programs
- Masters in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics and 1+ years industry experience or a BS with 3+ years industry experience
- Experience with high throughput sequencing data pipeline production
- Familiarity with sequence alignment and similar computational biology algorithms
- Exhibited track record of development of fast and efficient algorithms in Python
- Experience in development with cloud computing infrastructure
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices, including iterative development, version control, troubleshooting, software testing, and documentation
- Familiarity or experience with CRISPR guide design or screening data is highly valued