Associate Scientist, Synthetic Chemistry
Full-time – On-site
Our stealth client is revolutionizing RNA delivery by leveraging new biology along the RNA-Glycobiology axis.
We are seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial Associate Scientist, Synthetic Chemistry to join their team. You will contribute your expertise in synthetic chemistry and analytical method development for biomolecule chemo-enzymatic synthesis, and conjugation and purification of conjugates. The successful candidate will play a lead role in construction, purification and qualification in support of our early phase drug development programs for our novel platform technology. You will work closely with a Sr. Scientist in chemistry, as well as key members of the strategy, biology, and in vivo DMPK teams of the parent company.
This position may be attractive to candidates interested in transitioning to graduate school as the company has strong ties to academia and publications and patents are a priority of the company.
Interested? If you meet the requirements below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
• Develop and optimize chemical conjugation
• Chemoenzymatic synthesis
• Manage/Perform method development, optimization, qualifications, and validations using internal resources Review/Author test procedures, qualification protocols and reports
• Develop/Review other analytical relevant batch production documents: specifications, sampling plans, and batch CoAs
• Manage and oversee analytical activities performed at CROs/CDMOs associated with method development and characterization for drug substance, drug product and reference standards
• Develop new test methods for the characterization of purity and potency of cell-based intermediates and drug product
• Drive the design and execution of experiments for development of the cGMP manufacturing process and associate process controls
• Supply development materials to support research/nonclinical studies, analytical development, and CDMO tech transfer activities
• Maintain excellent written documentation of completed experiments (e.g. electronic lab notebook and study reports)
• MS in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field
• Previous experience with carbohydrate chemistry is a plus
• Previous experience with HPLC system and LC-MS is a plus
• Previous experience with glycobiology is a plus
• Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing and process development/validation is a plus
• Experience in drafting Master Batch Records and Standard Operating Procedures
• Attention to detail, critical analysis of data and troubleshooting abilities
• Good writing and communication skills; ability to understand and communicate scientific information
• Highly collaborative working style, and ability to adapt in a fast-paced
• Ability to work with minimal direction to meet objectives and timelines, adapting to changes and priorities in order to fulfill our mission.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.