Our Vaccine Client located in Boston, MA is growing and looking to add an Associate Scientist, Discovery & Pre-Clinical to their team! This onsite, hands-on, wet lab-based will be responsible for experimental execution in the research and pre-clinical development team, including molecular biology, cell culture, recombinant protein expression, purification, in vitro assay development, and animal immunization. Minimal requirements for this role include moderate laboratory experience in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, assay development, and animal immunization. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conducts routine wet lab research tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Utilizes a range of molecular and cellular biology techniques to prepare vaccine stocks at the research scale. Laboratory techniques include but are not limited to PCR, RNA handling, cell culture/expansion, cell transfection/infection, viral titration, and stock preparation.
- Utilizes various biochemistry purification techniques to purify and characterize vaccine candidates. Laboratory techniques include but are not limited to SDS-PAGE, western blot, ELISA, and in vitro potency assays.
- Performs animal work including immunization, sera collection and sera analysis to assess vaccine candidates, adjuvants, and formulations.
- Records data in research ELN and reports results according to industry standards.
- Collaborates with managers to integrate experimental design and outcomes for presentation to team and program members. Prepares written / oral reports for presentation to the research group and senior staff and makes recommendations based on data and program team feedback.
- Manages research team reagent and consumable inventory and prepares reagent stocks. Assists in reagent and consumable ordering and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and techniques.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant wet lab experience or equivalent. Hands-on experience in molecular and biochemical assays including PCR, RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, western blot, ELISA, and in vitro potency assays. Knowledge of FPLC, HPLC and multicolor flow cytometry. Experience with pre-clinical animal study is a plus.
- Capable of moderately complex troubleshooting of experiment and equipment issues.
- Possesses well developed attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate and traceable records and excellent proofreading skills. Ability to communicate effectively with others and to train others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of cross-functional teams in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), GraphPad Prism and other relevant software.
- Boston local candidates to be on-site 5-days a week.