Associate Scientist/Research Associate, Cell Engineering
South San Francisco
Who are we?
We are on a mission to help patients regain independence through the thoughtful design of safe and reversible therapeutics. You may be, accurately, wondering "how do you do this"? Well, our team is developing a proprietary technology platform to target various regenerative pathways critical for the establishment of complex diseases.
We are now looking for curious, passionate, and motivated scientists to join an organization developing the new age of regenerative medicine. Besides the research aspects of the job, ask yourself:
- Do you want to be an influential member to an early biotech, where your contributions actually matter? Guess what, you will find that here.
- Looking to advance in your career across non-research function? Learn from experienced team members … for free.
- Have an interesting idea to add to the company culture? Let's implement it!
Our small but growing team currently operates out of South San Francisco. We are easily accessible from SF, the Peninsula, and the East Bay (for those interested in the occasional ferry rides).
The Research Associate/Associate Scientist, cell line engineer, is responsible for developing and executing novel protocols for cellular disease modeling in Therapeutic Team. This individual will perform cell line engineering and build an extensive repertoire of scalable cellular models for multiple disease indications. This position includes technically diverse bench work and the training of research staff in techniques and equipment used to support high throughput iPSC differentiation and target validation.
- iPSCs cell line engineering
- Design and perform in vitro and ex-vivo experiments for cellular disease modeling
- Support the development of assay strategies and work across functions in experimental design, troubleshooting, sample analysis, data interpretation, and report generation
- Perform assay such as but not limited to immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, RT-qPCR
- Develop, author, and maintain SOPs/ELN
- Daily management of the iPSC culture as needed
For Associate Scientist:
- BS + >5 years or MS + >3 years experience in an academic or industrial setting.
For Research Associate:
- BS + > 1-2 years or MS + 0-1 year experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Must have iPS cell experience, as well as technical experience with primary cell culture and cell culture of immortalized cell lines
- Experience with cell line engineering (using CRISPR)
- Ideal candidates will have a depth of research experience in cell and molecular biology and assay development
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR)
- Familiar with molecular cloning, gene engineering, and seamless cloning Preferred qualifications:
- Both 2D and 3D (organoid) cell culture and assay experience
- Experience in characterizing cellular phenotype via FACS, transcriptomics, or high-content imaging
- Experience with lab automation for the cell-based screening assay
- Experience with coding (R, Python)