Associate Scientist, AAV Downstream Process Development
South San Francisco, California
Who Are We?
Our client’s work is based on the science of their founder – one of the original CRISPR co-inventors who then furthered the technology so that DNA does not need to be cut to accomplish gene regulation.
Their Process Development team is looking to bring on board a Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist. This individual will be a key member of the Process Development team, performing primarily downstream process optimization activities for AAV based production platform.
- Support development of a suspension cell AAV production platform in-house.
- Conduct studies to enable development of representative scale down models for manufacturing processes.
- Design and conduct experiments to assess critical and key process parameters and process controls and study their impact on critical quality attributes for AAV production.
- Analyzing and interpreting experimental results; suggesting changes or additional experiments to improve the robustness and/or reproducibility of the production process.
- Conduct dPCR and flow cytometry experiments and analysis.
- Thorough documentation of experimental data and analysis
- Sample inventory maintenance.
- BS degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline plus a minimum of 3-4 years of experience as a research associate within a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Experience using DOE software to design experiments a key plus
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated experience of carefully recording methods and results.
- Proven and consistent work ethic. Self-directed; open to challenges with enthusiasm.
- A strong aptitude to learn and take on new challenges.
- Outstanding collaboration, problem solving team player with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture (both adherent and suspension), aseptic techniques, transfections and analytical techniques such as PCR and flow cytometry
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.