Associate Director, Viral Vector Production
San Francisco, CA
Our client is a stealth mode biotech developing novel high throughput genome engineering and screening technologies to address the current bottlenecks in cell and gene therapy manufacturing capacity.
What You'll Do:
- Manage execution of HTP vector production workflows to produce high-quality AAV preparations that will be used for additional studies.
- Develop scalable workflows incorporating SOPs, quality control and automation
- Mentor a team of researchers
- Provide technical direction and guidance to your team to ensure project success
- Identify areas for technological development and lead integration of new technologies
Who You Are:
- PhD in a biology, synthetic biology, biological engineering, or related field
- Experience working in a similar role in a similar field
- Minimum of 3 years post-PhD experience, industry experience preferred
- Strong background in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Expertise with methods required for AAV vector purification, including mammalian cell culture, transfection and AAV purification approaches
- Expertise in established methods to measure quality and titer of purified AAV vector such as qPCR, ddPCR, next-generation sequencing, protein gel electrophoresis, etc.