Our Cambridge, MA client is a biopharmaceutical company that is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutics for genetically defined diseases.
They have engaged us to find an Associate Director, R&D Communications. This person must be able to work onsite 2 days/week. They are consistently ranked a top employer around the world, including #1 Large Employer by Boston Globe Top Places to Work, one of Science Magazine’s Top Biopharma Employers, one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek and many others!
In this role, you will help shape and execute strategic communications that advance the scientific narrative, awareness, and thought leadership of the company’s industry-leading platform and exciting pipeline. This role will be responsible for leading internal and external communications of the President and the R&D Leadership team.
- Drive and execute communications plans and media strategies that drive understanding of the company’s platform to elevate visibility.
- Support the R&D Leadership Team with developing content for internal channels, including town hall presentations, talking points, videos, and blogs to boost engagement.
- Enhance executive visibility and R&D Thought Leadership with earned media and byline opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison for media outlets.
- Write Q&As, messages, press releases, and presentations in support of pipeline milestones.
- Collaborate with Creative team to develop engaging content for digital and social channels.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience required from a biotech or pharmaceutical company – or an agency (comms or ad) that supports clients in the industry.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; strong oral communications skills and ability to convey complex science for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to deliver products that engage, excite, and motivate audiences.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company top to bottom, including senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree and advanced degrees required (e.g., PharmD/PhD/MPH).