Our global pharmaceutical client is hiring an Associate Director to focus on their Rare Disease portfolio for the U.S. In this role, you will create and implement comprehensive communication plans for the Rare Disease Portfolio, which includes several therapeutic areas as well as multiple new products to be introduced over the coming years.
In the role, you will
- Develop and execute the story for the Company's U.S commercial presence in defined therapeutic areas that complement the company’s global external communications strategy.
- Support issues preparedness and crisis management activities, including related external and internal communications.
- Manage and create a wide variety of therapeutic area/product communications content (e.g., data and publications, external partnerships, patient stories, thought leadership, etc.) for internal and external communication channels to effectively reach target audiences.
- Support U.S. media spokespeople for respective therapeutic area/product communications and develop strategic media relations plans and pitches that reach broadcast, online, print and digital influencers.
- Serve as communications coach and counsel to therapeutic area leadership spokespeople to deliver messaging and themes aligned with company positioning and strategic goals.
- Partner with global corporate communication colleagues on global commercial product milestones with a U.S. presence or support international media opportunities that require U.S. expertise.
- Manage agency partners to support therapeutic area and product communications work and corresponding budget.
- A minimum of 10+ years of professional experience required at a pharma or biotech corporation with expertise in product (required), corporate, executive and/or international communications.
- Product launch experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Pharma/biotech industry experience required; experience in rare diseases preferred.
- Experience managing issues and building corporate reputation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.