Associate Director, Project Management
The Associate Director is managing complex digital projects and serving as the Lead on program management engagements. The Associate Director is responsible for executing integrated digital engagements successfully and actively demonstrating thought-leadership. This is a management role, overseeing a team of 3 direct reports.
- Responsible for managing DMs and Delivery to consistently, successfully deliver execution of complex programs/projects. Ownership of delivery, escalation of resolution across all projects.
- Team utilization and business KPIs
- Provide pre-sales SME support for new business and renewals
- Provide strategic leadership and direction as the office strives to onboard new clients and service offerings, working with PMO leads across the company to support these offerings.
- Partner with Account Managers to support successful delivery and farming.
- Lead cross portfolio management including goals setting, dashboard and KPI management, prioritization decisions, and budget.
Team Management and Leadership
- Track goals, performance and enable career growth
- Track and manage team morale
- Provide leadership trainings and mentoring of the team
- Enables a farming mindset within the PM/DM team
- Enforce Back to Basic Mindset, and use of all PM/DM tools
- Onboarding of new reports and oversight of the team
- Create and communicate best working practices within the Digital Operations team
This is a hand-on role with direct project and client engagement responsibilities
- This role with have individual utilization target to meet.
- Drive the execution of complex digital projects and manage all project related requests with the client
- Project manage on a program level, and deliver quality projects on budget, on time, and on schedule for an account
- Responsible for project scope, risks, schedule, budget, quality, and communication
- Create and manage project plans, status reports, risk assessment plans, change orders, resource needs etc
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams through all phases of the project life-cycle providing coaching, motivation and inspiration
- Effectively applying methodology and enforcing project standards as the project requires
- Anticipate risks and obstacles, and address them with the team in a proactive manner
- Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Effectively interact with senior level clients and serves as an escalation point for issues and communication to Client senior management
- Effectively interact with senior level leadership across disciplines
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience in Project Management, Delivery Management, or IT Service Management
- With 5 years in leadership role.
- With 4+ years of experience at an agency or consulting, with in digital scope
- Proven experience in managing multiple programs/projects in a technology, professional services and/or digital agency environment
- Track record of building and leading a high performing team
- Managing direct reports and creating actionable development plans accompanied by effective, ongoing dialogue with team members (including difficult, timely feedback)
- Demonstrates strong management skills for junior PMs (staffing, career management, training, utilization tracking etc)
- Successful experience defining and implementing organizational and process improvements
- Ability to accurately track and collect information, troubleshoot and problem solve
- In depth knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- Solid web technologies experience, and solid proficiency in Microsoft Project and Excel
- Displays strong financial and management skills at the program/account level
- Knows how to execute integrated digital engagements successfully
- Highly developed communication, presentation, leadership, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience within relevant field
We are a values-led organization. We are driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With creativity and curiosity in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join us.
We have 450 employees across 10 offices in the US. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.