Associate Director, In Vivo Pharmacology (Oncology)
Location: Lexington, MA
You’ll Be Responsible For:
• Oversight of strategy and execution of all in vivo pharmacology studies in the oncology focus: including tumor model selection, study design, and data and tissue collection.
• Establishment and fostering of productive relationships with external CROs to deliver high quality in vivo pharmacology data packages in collaboration with the R&D team.
• Work collaboratively with the Discovery Biology and Translational teams to explore mechanism of action of lead compounds, analyze and interpret PK/PD relationships, and test biomarker hypotheses with appropriate models.
• Serve on cross-functional project teams as the in vivo subject matter expert and provide insight to key discussions on project strategy and go/no-go decision making.
• Author and gain approval for animal protocols with various IACUC bodies with in-house and external efforts.
• Review and ensure the quality of scientific data to meet regulatory expectations and author technical and regulatory documents/sections to support advancement of therapeutic IND filings to eventually advance into clinical programs.
You’ll Bring With You:
• Ph.D. ~8 years industry experience with hands-on in vivo experience in biotech and/or pharma industry roles.
• Broad experience with in vivo tumor models, xenograft and syngeneic models
• Hands-on expertise in techniques including tumor implantation and measurement, administration of therapeutics IV/IP (intraperitoneal, intravenous), bleeding, euthanasia, tumor dissection, processing and preservation
• Ability to write detailed in vivo SOPS/protocols and direct the work of in vivo scientists/technicians in the lab setting.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively train, manage, and mentor associates on proper in vivo protocols and lab standards and procedures.
• A track record of contacts with external CRO partners in the oncology pharmacology function.
• Ability to adapt to a variety of program demands at early to clinical stage decision points and help make the best pharmacology decisions for each project as called upon.