Associate Director, Gene Editing (Bay Area Biotech)
Location: San Francisco, CA
HireMinds is partnered with a successful venture team in the founding of their new next generation gene editing biotech. This stealth-mode team needs your expertise in developing gene editing tools that enable a platform for complete control over genomic insertions, deletions, and modifications. In this role you will lead the team and scientific development plans and execution on company directives. You will be instrumental in translating the technology into disease-relevant, pre-clinical models and eventual IND-enabling studies. This role is for a pioneering scientist who is ready to work with a top-mind in the gene editing space to grow a team and technology that will enable the potential of this powerful platform. Contact Chris Clancy and the HireMinds team today to learn more and apply!
You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Guiding the preclinical research efforts to develop a fundamentally new type of genome editing technology and platform advancements.
- Develop and implement lab protocols for designing and testing editing systems in human cells and train staff on experiments.
- Ability to decipher data, analyze, and present findings to key stakeholders on regular basis.
- Mentor Scientists and Research Associates to foster their career growth and advancement.
- Experience with assessing and brining novel technologies in-house including AAV vector, non-viral delivery vehicles, and CRISPR/Cas-9 and latest publications and technological advancements in the space.
You’ll Bring With You:
- PhD degree in Cellular or Molecular Biology with 5+ years of industry experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical settings. Preference for experience in gene therapy or gene editing.
- Documented career experience with delivering genomic medicines to human cells and experience with culturing and transfecting in mammalian cell lines.
- Knowledge of delivery through AAV and/or non-viral delivery vehicles.
- Expertise in molecular biology skills, including cloning and next-generation sequencing.
- Experience with gene editing and/or protein engineering a plus
- Demonstrated leadership experience with mentoring and guiding scientific teams.
- Ability to adapt to an evolving biotech environment and work with troubleshooting to successfully guide projects and teams.