Associate Director, eCommerce Analytics
In this role, you’ll be part of a broader analytics transformation that is shaping the marketing mindset for DTC. This individual has a deep passion for using data to drive insights / strategy leading to stronger consumer outcomes. This role will encompass our overall DTC analytics strategy, capturing efforts from sales analytics (POS), forecasting and planning, DTC media analytics, and other sources (website, consumer relations, etc.) to drive insights and inform broader strategy for growth. You’ll partner and coordinate with other channel owners across departments, including digital experience, demand generation, email, marketing, consumer relations, and finance to drive the growth of our DTC business.
The ideal candidate has a deep passion for analytics, data visualization, reporting, brings a growth / entrepreneurial mindset, and thrives in a fast-paced environment on a growing team.
What you'll be doing?
- Drive overall vision, strategy, and execution of DTC analytics.
- Be the champion of class leading reporting: with setting the vision for total DTC reporting, including POS, forecasting, operational, media, and web analytics.
- Sales: Measure and communicate on sales results and provide analyses such as promotional lift and elasticity, expected shifting due to line extension, pricing strategy, focus project plans on highest impact, etc.
- Forecasting: Build processes for forecasting demand for replacement parts and accessories sold through our websites, customer service calls, and warranty claims. This will require partnership with each of these teams to understand drivers of demand that improve forecast accuracy.
- Forecasting: Communicate forecast variances and highlight variance root causes to cross-functional leadership through regular demand plan performance reviews.
- Operational: Identify risks towards the goal of 100% in-stock rate and 100% perfect order shipment, and create a KPI scorecard to track progress against these goals.
- Media: Partner to drive vision and execution of DTC media analytics, tying together closed loop measurement into true ROI, attribution modeling, and profitability to inform investment strategy.
- Website: Dig deep into website analytics to provide actionable understanding on consumer behavior on site – pathing analysis, funnel optimization, and overall customer behavior using tools like Google Analytics, HotJar, direct observation, and surveying technologies.
- Build and support analytic metrics and reporting to show month-to-month trends and assist stakeholders in understanding the key values.
- Ensure that all direct to consumer projects have consistent and reliable data monitoring, data reporting, and data centralization.
- Support maintenance of DTC Master Data file in order to successfully categorize SKUs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer by leveraging the data from our own digital products.
- Understand work stream dependencies, prioritize tasks, and ensure that work is being completed on time so that projects do not fall behind schedule.
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in quantitative analytics.
- Background in direct to consumer products is a plus.
- Previous experience with forecasting and financial analysis.
- Experience in advanced analytical techniques specifically in relation to measuring customer journeys and optimization activities in a digital setting.
- Familiar with data sources and ability to access data in multiple platforms (SQL, R, Python).
- Strong understanding of emerging trends in eCommerce, personalization, and digital marketing.
- Must have experience with BI Software like PowerBI, Tableau, Looker or Domo.
- Expert Excel skills (pivot creation, vlookups, etc.).
- Preferred experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and paid media analytics.
- Familiarity with A/B testing, Media Mix Modeling, Market Mix Modeling, Attribution Models, and Match Market Testing.
- Preferred experience with point-of-sale data, promo analysis, and overall sales analytics.
- Strong project and time management skills, able to be self-directed and proactively manage and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, demonstrating strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong detail orientation with proven ability to work quickly and deliver accurate and actionable information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Strong communication and analytical skills required; including the ability to effectively translate technical concepts to various stakeholders on multiple levels.