Our client is developing a novel therapeutic modality with the ability to impact a high number of cancers. They are less than 100 people with room and resources to grow here in Cambridge. If the idea of working directly for one of the scientific co-founders and alongside the brightest minds in drug discovery is appealing to you, this is your time!
The main function of this role is to build, implement, and optimize the internal peptide synthesis technology platforms and partner with therapeutic program leaders to ensure scientific and operational excellence and timely production of therapeutic peptides, peptide intermediates, and libraries to accelerate hit-to-lead and lead-to-development candidates.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Leadership, project management, and oversight of core component chemistries and integrating exploratory chemistry and discovery efforts to optimize drug discovery
• Mentor technical staff of 6-10 and develop key performance indicators
• Prioritization and alignment with target team leads and program stakeholders
• Research and implement new automation technologies and the ability to scale therapeutic peptide synthesis workflows
• Collaborate with vendors, CROs, and manage external projects to secure supply chain of raw materials
• Troubleshoot and mitigate upstream and downstream impacts
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a PhD and 7-10+ years of peptide synthesis experience in an industry setting and a passion for building and leading high-performing teams in an automated synthesis core group. Must have knowledge of technology and automated workflows with a strong background in peptide chemistry and/or synthetic organic chemistry.
Those with substantial Operations and/or MBA experience in therapeutics development greatly preferred. Experience in management of special projects and/or strategic initiatives also welcome.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Lexington/Cambridge area or able to relocate with financial assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.