Associate Director, Bioanalytical Bioassays (RNA/DNA/Olgios)
HireMinds is working with a top local gene therapy partner to find an experienced Bioanalytical bioassay developer. In this role you will provide expertise with managing a team focused on analytical methods for nucleic acid (RNA/DNA/Oligos) gene delivery vectors both viral and non-viral forms. You will ideally be able to help devise and execute a variety of gene therapy analytical methods and related bioassays in testing and characterization of materials. As the leader of a group of assay designers you also will contribute across internal and external gene therapy collaborations as a resident expert along R&D and CMC stages of product lifecycle. If you have interest in hearing more contact the HireMinds biotech team today to learn more.
As The Ideal Candidate You Duties Will Include:
- You will lead a team of analytical scientists and bioassay developers in design and execution of analytical assays and experiments.
- You will also represent the Analytical & Bioassay team and provide expertise in analytical methods and bioassay program contributions
- Encourage cross-talk between the Analytical team in collaboration within the greater organization for a variety of programs
- Maintain oversight of project progression and experiment prioritization and then analyze and communicate effectively to key stake holders and project members within the organization
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership in developing analytical methods for nucleic acid gene delivery vector candidates characterization for research grade vectors used in preclinical research.
- Lead and oversee the Analytical & Bioassay team in duties related to transfer of methods to CMC teams which are involved in vector characterization
- Coordination of international shipments of viral vectors and reagents among internal sites and external CRO and CMO partners
- You will provide expertise to project teams as program progress from discovery to preclinical and into pharmaceutical development stages as a gene therapy vector analytical expert in turn guiding pipeline progression
- Responsibility for budgets and shipping demands for bioassay and vector deliverables
- You will have the ability to manage many competing demands across a variety of projects and maintain group has resources to meet demands
- Ph.D. degree in Bioanalytical, Immunology, or Biochemistry disciplines with 10+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in characterization RNA, DNA, and Oligonucleotide therapies with viral or non-viral delivery
- Past proficiency and hands-on lab skills in cell-based assays, protein quantitation with ELISA, qPCR methods, and other plate-based assays are required
- Experience with gene therapies and vector design using viral approaches is required
- Expertise with establishing analytical methods and conducting analytical and bioassays in viral vector characterization.
- Past exposure to supporting CMC teams for research grade GLP viral and non-viral product characterization
- Ability to design protocols, data capture, and analysis for regulatory contributions for filings
- Strong communication abilities and hunger to keep up-to-date on latest bioanalytical gene therapy technologies and techniques in the field