Our client is an early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a truly human approach to antibody drug discovery and development. They believe the human immune system builds the best antibody therapeutics, so they are building an end-to-end platform to extract, characterize, engineer, and deliver these antibodies to all patients.
We are seeking a creative scientist to lead efforts in antibody expression and characterization. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and implementing platforms for expression, purification, and characterization of antibody therapeutic candidates. This individual will possess a deep understanding of antibody expression systems, including transient expression, CHO cell line development, and small-scale cell-free expression and functional screening assays. Furthermore, the candidate will lead efforts in development of antibody purification and characterization pipelines (affinity, epitope binning, stability, pI determination, etc). They are not hung up on titles or degrees, so if this sounds like you, please reach out!
- Implement standard workflows for high throughput antibody expression at sub-liter scales
- Develop new methods for high-throughput antibody expression and functional screening
- Evaluate and purchase lab equipment for antibody characterization
- Develop and standardize antibody characterization assays for molecules of interest
- Work together with automation staff to identify automatable processes and ensure their accuracy
- Identify emerging technologies in antibody characterization that enable faster and/or more accurate measurements at higher throughput
- Implement and adhere to strong data tracking practices for QC and downstream modeling
- Work with computational teams to develop predictive models for antibody production and characterization assays
- Ph.D. or equivalent practical experience and BS/MS, and 4+ years experience in antibody expression and characterization, antibody engineering, protein biochemistry, or related fields
- A strong desire to build scalable systems from the ground up
- A desire to work hands-on in the lab, collaborate with other scientists, and lead the scale-up of our antibody production and characterization capabilities.
- Passionate about repeatability – strong documentation and metadata tracking habits
- Experience with expression and functional screening of antibody leads
- Experience characterizing antibody library hits using ELISA, BLI, SPR or related technologies, and downstream analytical techniques
- Adaptable and productive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Communicates plans, results, and roadblocks with colleagues across departments
- Curious, passionate, and above all collaborative – asks for help when needed and pitches in when possible