AD/Director of Vector Expression
HireMinds is working with a top local gene therapy partner to find an experienced Vector Expression Gene Therapy expert in discovery of viral vector cassette technologies. As a team leader you will drive viral and non-viral gene therapy portfolio. In this role you will provide expertise in vector design and gene therapy across internal teams. If this sounds like a great step for your career contact the HireMinds Biotech team today.
- You will devise plans for viral vector expression and new technology projects within the Gene Therapy unit
- You will bring direct experience in the design and testing of discovery stage viral vectors and cassette design for payload optimization
- Ability to balance multiple projects under a demanding timeline while providing guidance to a team of scientists.
- Ability decipher data and make critical go/no-go decisions for internal vector delivery and technology decisions
- Build and maintain network of internal gene therapy collaborators in assisting with successful gene therapy vector delivery (AAV, non-AAV, viral, non-viral)
- Ability to guide discovery programs through product life-cycle with established study protocols and regulatory guidelines in mind
- Responsibilities for budgeting and reporting to leadership and key stake holders
- Effective communication across the scientific and business units to ensure successful product planning and progression of Gene Therapy projects
- An ability to assess the Gene Therapy competitive landscape and appropriately prioritize company portfolio in the space
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years of gene therapy experience with 7+ years of industry experience in leading vector design and delivery discovery programs
- Leadership qualities with 5+ years of managerial experience required with teams of Scientists and Associates
- Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills for presentations, report writing and day-to-day project team correspondence
- Ability to gather data, analyze, and deliver to KOLs within the team to drive decisions and plan future of the gene therapy programs
- Hunger to find the latest vector technologies and discoveries and adopt them when appropriate into the Gene Therapy organization