Our client is a Boston-based healthcare agency specializing in biotech and life science communications. Their expertise spans corporate branding, strategy and positioning, patient advocacy, community relations and scientific communications. Their clients rely on them to deliver strategic and tactical support that reflects a deep understanding of the biotech industry.
They are looking for an Account Director with expertise in digital campaigns and healthcare communications strategy. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with deep understanding of the biotech space and excellent client relationship management skills.
- Lead and cultivate highly collaborative long-term client relationships
- Develop content including messaging and positioning, press releases, pitch materials, website copy and investor materials
- Manage ongoing relationships with the media through well-crafted, targeted pitches
- Develop and implement digital/social strategies for corporate, clinical trial recruitment and patient advocacy initiatives
- Mentor and manage professional development of junior staff
- 8+ years experience in biotech and pharmaceutical space; agency experience a plus
- Experience in clinical trial or FDA approval process
- Passion for building value for clients in the biotech and pharma spaces through highly strategic communications approaches
- Ability to lead, mentor and manage junior team members
- Strong writing and editing abilities for different audiences (media, web, internal, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the media industry and news cycle, with media outreach experience
- Strong client relationship management experience