Surgical Vet Tech Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16101 Direct Hire MA
Experienced lab animal medicine role in surgical research facility is now open at one of the top biomedical research institutions in Boston! If you have a passion for working with animals in support of biomedical research in multiple fields like neuroscience, cardiology, oncology, rare disease, etc. and are looking to get your foot in the door with one of the best Lab Animal Medicine programs in New England, then you need to send a resume now before they fill this position. This is a group that actively develops it's staff (including AALAS certifications), has low turnover, and has a strong history of promoting from within. This position requires previous experience with anesthesia and surgical support.
The main function of this role is to provide technical assistance/support with anesthesia and surgical procedures for a variety of laboratory animals, mostly large animals like pigs, sheep, rabbits, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist veterinarians or investigators in various surgeries and treatment protocols
• Prepare and sterilize surgery packs
• Administer medications and provide pre/peri/post-surgical monitoring
• Sanitation of the facilities and maintenance of associated sterile equipment.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Associate's Degree or higher in Veterinary Science/Technology, Animal Science, or related field
• Minimum of 2+ years of related experience in clinical/private practice or research settings
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without accommodations
• Certifications are a plus such as: ALAT, LAT, LATg, SRS, or SRT
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Boston/Cambridge area or able to relocate without assistance.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.