Sign up & get notified of new Discovery / Research jobs
Discovery / Research
Immuno-Oncology Scientist Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15374 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a cell/gene therapy company in the greater Boston area and they are seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Immuno-Oncology Scientist to join their discovery team! You will collaborate with and help other teammates troubleshoot assays, as well as identify and develop new targets and chimeric antigen and T cell receptors (CARs/TCRs). The main function of this role is to develop cell-based assays for T cell characterization, proliferation, and function, and to coordinate new research projects to overcome obstacles within the tumor microenvironment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design/execute diverse immuno-assays to evaluate T-cell biology, including cell sorting (fluorescent or magnetic), multi-color flow cytometry, Luminex, cytokine profiling, etc.
• Analyze experimental data and present internally to identify promising new CAR and/or TCR candidates for subsequent development.
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally for preclinical development in animal models of cancer.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a PhD in Immunology, Cell/Molecular Biology, or related field and 0-5 years of relevant experience. Must be well-versed with cell culture techniques and have experience sorting primary human and/or animal T cells and developing cell-based immuno-assays. Applied expertise in T cell therapeutics is a plus, either in academia or industry.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.
Sr. RA/Associate Scientist, Molecular Microbiology Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15170 Direct Hire MA
Our client is an extremely well-funded, early-stage biotech company developing the next wave of innovative biologics to treat patients. They are looking for an experienced Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Molecular Microbiology with relevant academic or industry experience to join their growing team! This is a full-time, permanent career opportunity and will be hands-on in the lab developing and executing assays, troubleshooting experiments, and presenting results for mixed microbial community quantitation and phylogenetic analysis.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing qPCR and next-generation sequencing based assays and optimize conditions for DNA and/or RNA extraction
• Evaluating various microbial populations and isolates for identification and phylogenetic post-hoc analysis
• Authoring SOPs for routine performance of these assays and assist as needed with validation protocols
• Analyzing data (tracking and trending) for viability and non-viability determination
• Receiving training for cGMP and early-stage clinical trial production
• Must have a Bachelor's with 7-10+ years or Master's with 3-5+ years of academia and/or industry experience in molecular microbiology, molecular bio, microbiology, genomics, or related life science field
• Previous experience working with cutting-edge technologies and techniques for DNA/RNA assay development and nucleic acid extraction (qPCR, RT-PCR, RNAseq, NGS, etc.)
• Keen ability to plan experiments, analyze complex data sets, troubleshoot experiments, and present results/reports
• Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and/or current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) is a plus
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered. All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients. Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.