Head of Environmental Health and Safety Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 14607 Direct Hire MA
EH&S leadership opportunity at one of the state's top biopharma campuses, producing commercial and clinical biologics.
The main function of this role is to direct the implementation of a comprehensive EHS program for process development, manufacturing, research, and warehouse operations at a multiple sites in the suburbs of Boston. Functioning as a member of the site’s leadership team, you will work closely with peers to build a culture of EHS excellence at the site.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Develop strategic plans for continuous improvement in EHS performance and provide leadership as the management representative for EHS including influencing and directing employees at all levels of the organization to achieve excellence in EHS.
• Support business growth via management of permit revisions and new regulatory requirements; assess new projects/processes for impact on same and health & safety of employees.
• Define, maintain and manage the site emergency response procedures to assure preparedness and organized management of crisis situations.
• Champion and support resource conservation initiatives in cooperation with facilities and engineering.
• Direct and support the work of the EHS professionals at the site and develop a high performing team culture for the EHS department.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a BS in a technical discipline and 10-15+ years’ experience in a EHS related field. Must be knowledgeable in US EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations, must be experienced with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems. Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or other high hazard industry (oil & gas, pulp & paper, chemical manufacturing, steel, etc).
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Greater Boston area. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.