Associate Director, Global EH&S Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 14712 Direct Hire MA
Global Biologics Pharmaceutical Company looking for an Associate Director, EH&S to join their team! Although the Company is headquartered in MA, position may be located in MA, IL, CA, Dublin, Ireland, Neuchâtel, Switzerland or Vienna, Austria. This role is responsible for the providing Global support to the High Hazard Management Program, (HHMP) internationally and for a variety of different sites and plants. This individual will serve as the primary contact for Process Safety in the EHS-HHMP space and will be responsible for deployment of enhanced emergency response processes across the enterprise. In addition, the role will support audit and assessment programs and other existing enterprise EHS programs that fall into the HHM areas of expertise. Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the High Hazard Management Program (HHMP), identifying key EHS risks and developing/managing the implementation of company-wide control programs;
- Develop Corporate Standard Operating Procedures to assist facilities in addressing the “operational controls” component of the HHMP. Manage routine updating and revision of existing procedures;
- Using Stature Risk Assessment software, generate and manage HHMP metrics and milestones to provide effective visibility to senior management of the program status, with individual facilities and significant aspects highlighted for attention;
- Generate hazard specific training materials to assist facilities in addressing the “training” component of the HHMP. Deploy these materials across the business unit in a standardized fashion;
- Act as the primary point-of contact for the organizations Process Safety Program, developing, implementing and monitoring programs to effectively manage process related hazards/risks;
- Perform facility and program specific audits to identify compliance/requirements gaps and opportunities for improvement. Assist facility EHS staff in generation of effective CAPAs. Provide guidance and oversight of implementation and closure of CAPA plans;
- Support to the Head of Biologics EHS in the development and implementation of organizational wide Safety Programs;
- Provide leadership and direction for internal safety resources to ensure collaboration and sharing of best practices on policies, programs and procedures;
- Drive prevention and risk reduction programs to improve safety and health programs, policies and procedures; provide technical training and awareness of industry practices and changes relating to health and safety;
- Support the organizations incident management process; assisting/leading serious incident investigations, supporting sites in identification of root causes, the development of corrective and preventative actions and the sharing of lessons learned;
- 10+ years experience managing EH&S programs at site, regional and/or organizational level.
- Extensive experience in High-Hazard Safety Management, especially in the area of Process Safety, with detailed knowledge of PSM and ATEX requirements in US, Europe and Global facilities;
- Experience of working with a global organization with an understanding of local and global laws, regulations and requirements for EH&S;
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety or related field.
*Estimated >25% domestic and international travel with increased travel during major projects.