Sr. Automation Engineer Direct Hire Massachusetts
Job ID: 14600 Direct Hire Massachusetts
Global cGMP Biologics company here in MA is looking to add a Sr. Automation Engineer to their Cambridge Area team! This role will ensure reliable operation and implementation of all automation systems for a 24x7 commercial manufacturing facility. Projects may often require independent decision making and exercising of judgment. Project work is generally prioritized by the group manager or lead engineers. In addition, other responsibilities include by not limited to:
- Support the configuration, administration and maintenance activities of the sites manufacturing computer and automation systems, including process control systems, building automation systems, manufacturing execution systems, and data historians.
- Lead projects in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems; including managing the work of internal engineers and outside vendors
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes, equipment, systems, and infrastructure.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to computer and automation systems.
- Lead small cross functional teams in support of small projects or initiatives.
- May have technical leadership or supervisory responsibilities over more junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree AND 8+ years of relevant work experience OR Masters with 5+ years.
- Experience with some of the following platforms: DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, OSI Soft PI historian, Instrumentation and control panel hardware.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.