Senior Scientist, Vector Biology Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16167 Direct Hire MA
Senior Scientist, Vector Biology
Our client is a highly-regarded cell/gene therapy company in the greater Boston area and they are seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Senior Scientist to join their Vector Biology team to identify and develop novel strategies for lentiviral vector development. You will be responsible for coaching a team of associate scientists and working cross-functionally with stem cells and immunotherapy. The main function of this role is to exercise independent judgment in development of new methods, techniques and evaluation criteria of lentiviral production.
- Small scale lentiviral vector production and purification for internal customers
- Design and cloning of novel lentiviral vectors
- Innovate and optimize lentiviral vector function
- PhD in biological sciences with 5+ years post-doctoral experience in gene therapy applications
- Proficiency with lentiviral vector design and production; familiarity with multiple vector platforms is a plus (AAV, adenovirus, non-viral)
- Experience with bioreactor and protein/vector purification
- Expertise is managing a team
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients