Senior Scientist, Immunotherapy, CAR/TCR Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16182 Direct Hire MA
Cambridge, MA: Our genome editing client uses CRISPR/Cas9 technologies to develop medicines for people with serious, genetically-defined diseases. The immunogenetics team is seeking a molecular biologist/immunologist with a background in genetic engineering of hematopoietic cells. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a Group Leader on the immunogenetics team to lead in the generation and characterization of novel cell therapy products for cancer.
- Build a team to develop a new class of immuno-oncology products and to derive characterize genetically modified human effector cells and evaluate strategies to improve the efficacy of cellular therapies.
- Strategize to execute in vitro functional assays, and design in vivo tumor treatment models
- Collaborate with other teams to innovate and optimize advanced cellular engineering that integrates tumor antigen recognition elements with somatic cell reprogramming through genome editing.
- Manage timelines to meet program objectives.
- PhD in cancer cell biology, immunology, or related field
- Minimum of 5-8+ years post-doctoral research or equivalent industry experience