Sign up & get notified of new Discovery / Research jobs
Discovery / Research
Associate Director, Next Generation Sequencing Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15248 Direct Hire MA
Global Biologics company is growing and looking to hire an Associate Director, Next Generation Sequencing here in Cambridge, MA! This is an exciting role that will oversee their Next Generation Sequencing Labs here in Cambridge and in Europe. These critical teams are a part of the Translational Medicine group supporting global oncology research. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for applying sequencing technologies in order to identify biomarkers that predict drug response, nominate new indications for pipeline molecules, elucidate drug mechanism of action, and understand tumor context dependencies.
- Provide direction to teams on the most appropriate strategies to address scientific questions.
- Research support includes somatic mutation detection, RNA-seq, copy number variation assessment, working with FFPE tissue, circulating tumor DNA, etc.
- Participate in external collaborations and lead interactions with sequencing service providers.
- Work in close collaboration with bioinformatics to analyze sequencing data and extract hypotheses from datasets in support of projects across all stages of drug development.
- Leadership of labs including scheduling of activities, experimental strategy and design, hands-on execution of projects and manage direct reports.
- Participate in the transition of novel findings to colleagues in assay development and clinical biomarker integration in order to translate new biomarkers into tools that drive clinical decisions.
- PhD or equivalent in biology, molecular biology, genomics or related field with emphasis on cancer is required.
- Significant hands-on experience generating NGS data.
- 5+ years of hands-on laboratory experience in sequencing technologies (Illumina HiSeq, MiSeq, and Sanger platforms) and nucleic acid extraction, sample/library preparation, and data generation.
- Knowledge of oncogenic pathways and Immuno-Oncology profiling
- Management experience of research scientists
- Experience applying sequencing technologies to pre-clinical oncology model systems and oncology clinical samples
Principal Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15237 Direct Hire MA
Global Pharmaceutical company looking to add a Principal Scientist to their Immuno-Oncology team! Scientist will work with an innovative, global research team to discover and develop new therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapies! This role will have the ability to lead projects, teams and play a critical part in Company’s mission to create new cancer immunotherapies. Other responsibilities include:
- Work with Immuno-Oncology leaders to define project objectives and priorities and aggressively drive execution of research to milestones
- Independently design and implement laboratory experiments. Makes detailed observations, performs complex analysis of data, and details experimental design/protocol for every laboratory experiment. Assures the completeness and consistency of data from projects and experiments. Summarizes/reports the data and generates presentation materials.
- Documents experimental results and plans in laboratory notebooks and in an electronic format accessible to the immediate supervisor
- Expected to present at lab and group meetings, global project team meetings, site meetings, and to provide materials/slides for other scientists at project or unit presentations
- Demonstrates innovation in research/planning and expected to be able to make intellectual property submissions
- Demonstrates the ability to manage 1-2 direct reports in a professional manner
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a project team of low-to-moderate complexity and to independently lead project team meetings and scientific discussions
- Ph.D. in Immunology or related discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years of postdoctoral and/or industry experience in immunology and oncology
- Experience in isolation and immunophenotyping of murine and human immune populations using standard immune assays and immunology techniques including flow cytometry, ELISA, and Luminex
- Working knowledge of various murine tumor models including isolation and characterization of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes, cytokine measurements and other relevant techniques
Associate Director, Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15218 Direct Hire MA
Global Biologics Company here in MA is looking to add an Associate Director, Pharmacology & Pharmacokinetics to their team! This will be a non-lab based role focused on supporting nonclinical in vivo pharmacology research and development programs. The primary responsibilities of this position will include leading small project teams focused on in vivo nonclinical pharmacology studies, transitioning into preclinical development, clinical development and internal life cycle management activities.
Individual is expected to contribute to developing the strategy for nonclinical and clinical development (for biologics-related initiatives), preparation of regulatory documents and meetings with regulatory authorities. He/she will also provide functional and strategic support to teams developing biotherapeutics for various indications. Individual will maintain a close collaborative partnership with members of the Quality, Clinical, Regulatory and Rare Disease development and commercial units.
- PhD degree in Pharmacology, Biological Science, or a relevant scientific field, and 7-10 years of industry experience in Biotherapeutics.
- Experience contributing to regulatory filings required (IND, BLA, etc.).
Sr. Scientist, Antibody Discovery Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15216 Direct Hire MA
Global Pharmaceutical company looking to bring on board a Sr. Scientist, Antibody Discovery here in the Metro-West area of MA! Scientist will conduct therapeutic antibody discovery and development projects using hybridoma and high throughput (HTP) B-cell cloning from immunized animals and/or human samples. Candidate should be current with the latest technology developments and be able to propose and implement process improvement technologies to aid reduction in cycle time and attrition rates. The candidate will serve as project team leader and will have to liaise effectively with therapeutic area teams to coordinate research activities in a multi-disciplinary setting. This will involve data presentation in well-organized written and oral formats at various team, group, and project review meetings.
- A Ph.D. degree in immunology, biochemistry, or other related biological science with at least 3+ years of postdoctoral and/or industry experience is required.
- Strong scientific understanding of immunology and conceptual and technical expertise in hybridoma and state of the art HTP B-cell cloning and screening technologies.
- Demonstrated successful experience in antibody research, preferably in an industry setting is required.
- A successful candidate should also have excellent data management, written and presentation skills and must be a team player.
- Strong background in immunology, molecular biology and protein biochemistry
- Experience in recombinant protein expression and characterization
- Bio-informatic expertise analyzing antibody sequences.