Sign up & get notified of new Chemistry jobs
Analytical Scientist, Novel RNA compounds Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 14987 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a well-funded start-up using a novel platform to develop renewable chemicals and molecules using microbes. Come join a highly accomplished
team in a fun culture as they solve critical technical challenges. As part of the Analytical Chemsitry team, you will have a huge impact on the company's
The main function of this role is to develop methods for the extraction, purification, characterization, and quantification of various biologically derived molecules, including oligonucleotides.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Develop and execute analytical methods for quantification, characterization, and analytical scale purification of novel RNA compounds
• Partner with Formulations Scientists in developing assays to determine efficiency, stability, and bioavailability of molecules within proprietary formulations
• Perform LC-MS metabolomics methods to study nucleotide metabolism
• Provide analytical testing support for various groups, using HPLC/UPLC, LC-MS/MS, GC, IC, and CE.
• Support the development of high-throughput analytical methods to increasing sample throughput where possible
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a PhD plus 3 years or MS with 6 years of experience in an industry Analytical Chemistry setting. Must be experienced in the development and validation of new analytical methods (including solid phase and liquid phase extraction chemistry and methods), not just execution of existing analytical assays. Ideal candidates will have experience characterizing and purifying large biomolecules (oligonucleotides and proteins) from complex matrices. Small molecule experience may also be considered. Experience generating, purifying, and/or characterizing RNA, RNAi, or dsRNA molecules is desired
Must be commutable to the Cambridge area or able to relocate with very limited assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.